Free, confidential and independent financial counselling and support services to primary producers and rural businesses to manage change.
Running a business successfully means planning ahead and being flexible. We can give you the tools to make informed financial and business decisions.
We can help you access grants and financial assistance programs and assist with budgets, cash flows, business viability, and risk analysis.
Are you considering handing the farm over to the next generation or looking at retirement? The transfer and control of your assets requires thought and planning. We can help with succession planning preparation making sure it happens properly.
Helping farming and small business families assess and understand their financial position.
It is not what we do that matters. It is the difference we make. Partner with us to deliver greater outcomes.
We assist rural communities to successfully manage change.
We're here to help. Our counsellors can help with issues affecting your business and your life. We can identify options to help you move forward and link you with services that can provide immediate assistance.
AgBiz Assist is our social enterprise operation which extends on the services provided by GMHA and works to secure the economic and social wellbeing of people in rural and regional Australia and their communities.
Rural financial counselling services are free, confidential and independent to primary producers and rural businesses that are experiencing financial hardship or, have limited access to impartial support.
Our Rural Financial Counsellors can help with information, support and practical assistance in making sound financial and business decisions. We work in collaboration with a range of people, governments and organisations throughout the Goulburn Murray Hume region in supporting rural businesses to better manage the challenges of change and structural adjustment.
Our Rural Financial Counsellors can help:
• Farming and small business families assess and understand their financial positions
• With business planning and enterprise change / diversification decision making
• Identify options and develop adjustment plans
• Prepare budgets and cash flows
• With loans and / or refinance applications
• Negotiate with their lenders and creditors
• Identify eligibility and apply for Centrelink and other Government programs
• Support families through the structural adjustment process
• With preparation for Farm Debt Mediation and support families to meet agreements
• Pre succession planning facilitation / decision making
• Information and referrals
If you are concerned about the financial health of your business seek help earl. Early action provides you with more options and better outcomes for your business and your family.